Great news! Breakfast and lunch is FREE to all children ages 1-18 during the 2020-21 school year, regardless of whether the child is a Newport School District student or not.
Meal services while distance learning:
All meals must be pre-ordered using the online form found on our website at newportgriz.com, Departments - Nutrition - Meal Signup Form. This verifies that we prepare the correct number of meals. If you are unable to acess the form, feel free to call 509-447-3167 ext. 4521 and we'll be happy to fill the form out for you.
Meal services are every Tuesday and Thursday and families can choose either:
- Pick up in person at Stratton Elementary from 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; or
- Bus delivery (buses will follow the same routes and times as the beginning of the school year).
Included in each Tuesday meal pack, you will receive 2 days of meals (Tuesday and Wednesday meals). For Thursday meal packs, you will receive 3 days’ worth of meals (Thursday, Friday, and Monday meals).
Meal services while on hybrid learning (when students are scheduled to attend only on specific days of the week):
If your child is scheduled to attend onsite for specific days, but would like meals for offsite days, meal packs will be available for children on their way out of school each day.
Meal services while onsite learning:
Breakfast and lunch will continue as normally scheduled, while following NSD COVID-19 social distancing guidelines.
- Please remember, each child is only allowed one breakfast and one lunch per day, per federal regulations.
- Meals will not be charged to any accounts during this school year.
- For any additional questions, please call Sheila Myrvang, Nutrition Services Director, at 509-447-3167 ext. 4521