Creating a parent account on a desktop computer or laptop
Go to Newport's Canvas Account:
You can also use the Canvas link under "Quick Links" on the left site of the District Home Page
Click to Register
Click the account link at the top of the page.
Enter Signup Details
Enter the following information:
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your email in the Your Email field.
- Enter the password you want to use in the Password field. (It must be at least 8 characters.)
- Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
- Enter a paring code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
- Click the Start Participating button.
Note: To link yourself to a student, you will need to enter a student-specific pairing code. Students can generate pairing codes from their User Settings. You can also call the school to get the pairing code. Pairing codes are case sensitive and are valid for seven days.
Observing Additional Students
Open User Settings
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
Type the unique pairing code (that you got from the student or from the school) in the Student Pairing Code field  and click the Add Student button .
View the paired student.
More Resources for Getting Started with Canvas
Parent/Observer Guide: Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any problems or need help please contact the following:
Stratton Elementary - (509) 447-0656 7:45 am - 3:30 pm
Sadie Halstead Middle School - (509) 447-2426 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Newport High School - (509) 447-2481 7:45 am - 3:15 pm